1 Ağustos 2014 Cuma

Stenciling the Front Hall

It’;s long overdue but finally DONE. The foyer and hallway are finally painted and the wow factor is this stenciled wall that I painstakingly painted for weeks and weeks.

b45ee  front+view Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo


I’;ve stenciled many projects before, like this desk a few years ago, but this project took so much longer. I’;m not sure if it was the wall or the size of the stencil but I’;m just glad it’;s finished.


At first I thought about hanging a large painting over the bench, but because it’;s used so often (for putting on shoes and boots) I was afraid the art would get knocked into a lot. And besides, the stencil IS the ar2rk in this room.


 Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

Here is the wall freshly painted but looking pretty bland. ; The bench is from Hotel Liquidators in New Haven, Connecticut and I painted the dark wood frame a light gray. ; The original brown vinyl seat was covered in a pretty waverly fabric. The artichoke is actually a garden accessory but I like it indoors.


 Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

The winner for the walls was Benjamin Moore’;s Collingwood.


f2087  stencil Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

I ordered this Venus wall stencil from Stencil Boss. It was $ 39.00—much less than wallpaper would have cost.


 Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

The key to stenciling is to spray the back with spray adhesive. This makes it tacky and sticks to the surface with less bleeding.


17930  rolling+white Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

I used a foam roller to roll the paint on, and in spite of the spray adhesive there were areas where the paint bled underneath the stencil and needed a lot of touch up.


38322  wall+stickers Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

It needed a touch of metallic and I was thrilled to find these wall stickers…no need to paint perfect circles!


751a0  hand+holding+dot Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

Simply peel and stick—my favorite part of the job!


 Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

I brought the hanging star light with us from our last house. It’;s from Direct from Mexico and one of my favorite fixtures.


032ef  stenciled+wall Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

Honestly, ; if I had to do it again I would have hung wallpaper. It was a beast of a job and there are imperfections that hopefully my guests won’;t notice but I know are there. But I’;m happy with the overall effect and so glad it’;s done!


a0e9d  g6AIRx6J6JY Stenciling the Front Hall interior design ideas  photo

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder